Monthly ABWA La Capitale Meeting
Chapter meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 11 am - 1pm at Drusilla Seafood Restaurant,. We would love to see you there!
Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month. Fill out the Contact Us form at the bottom of this page if you'd like to attend.
This fun event is held in July and it's the only month when we don't have a guest speaker. Instead, we wear hats, have a contest to see who has the best hat story, and just enjoy ourselves!
- Wed, Feb 08Drusilla Seafood restaurantJoin us as Dr. Kella Price discusses how to improve customer service, retain and WOW customers to obtain higher sales and better loyalty.
- Wed, Dec 14Drusilla Seafood restaurantJoin us as we celebrate the holiday season with food, fun, and festivities! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the ornament exchange. Bring a new ornament (up to $15 value), that's gift-wrapped and get ready to have fun!
- Wed, Oct 12Drusilla Seafood RestaurantHave you ever written up a list of "to do's," a schedule of meetings, and then end up derailed? Branden Barker, owner of Barker Property Management, will share key lessons for bringing people together and reaching a resolution when things like that happen.
- Wed, Sep 14Drusilla Seafood RestaurantTaking an active role in your finances can help you live life the way you want to. So how do you get there? Kayla Nolan, a Certified Financial Planner with Edward Jones, wants to help with that. She will share strategies to grow and maintain wealth from a female viewpoint.
- Wed, Aug 10Drusilla Seafood restaurantDiffering communication styles can make crucial conversations even more challenging. In this session, we’ll discuss nonverbal communication and emotional intelligence best practices to help you succeed in navigating crucial conversations.
- Fri, May 13Drusilla Seafood restaurantJoin us as Julie Becnel discusses personality types and how to use this information to communicate effectively. Julie is a certified Myers Briggs (MBTI®) facilitator and researcher who has worked in the nonprofit communications field for over 15 years.
- Wed, Apr 13Drusilla Seafood restaurantJoin us as learn about personality types and how to use this information to communicate effectively.
- Wed, Mar 09Drusilla Seafood restaurantIn addition to working with sports teams and athletes, Dr. Karam also works with companies on personal branding and professional communication. We are excited to welcome Dr. Karam to our meeting and to learn all about how to whip our personal brands into shape.
- Wed, Feb 09Zoom meetingCritical Conversations: Stop Avoiding Conflict and Confidently Communicate in Challenging Situations"I'm just not good at having tough conversations!" Critical conversations are difficult, but in times of challenge, conflict or crisis, they're necessary. We'll explore how to address these conversations with clarity and confidence, and how to use these conversations to find solutions.
- Wed, Jan 12Zoom meetingJoin us *virtually* to find your vision for 2022 with our guest speaker Jackie Whitley! Jackie is a goal-oriented entrepreneur, salesperson, and coach, serving her clients as a certified sales and leadership coach through Southwestern Consulting.
- Wed, Dec 08Sullivan's SteakhouseJoin us as we celebrate the holiday season with food, fun, and festivities! Everyone is encouraged to participate in the ornament exchange. Bring a new ornament (up to $15 value), that's gift-wrapped and get ready to have fun!
- Wed, Oct 13Zoom meetingHaving a positive impact on the world won’t just happen. You must set an intention and develop your “Show Up and Shine” skills. Learn how to live and lead by design rather than default, and how to move from intention to outcome, to have a positive and lasting impact on those around you.
- Wed, Aug 11Zoom meetingPeople like brands that treat them like people. BUT, how do you know if your audience is resonating with your brand? We’re going to dive into the world of customer journey mapping to explore how to better understand and reach audiences to lead to stronger brand loyalty.